Saturday 22 June 2013

Eagles disappointed me, says Paschal

international, Patrick Pas-chal has expressed disappointment at the Eagles 2-1 loss to Uruguay at the FIFA Confederations Cup on Thursday in Brazil, saying the situation means only a miracle would bring Nigeria back into reckoning in the the competition as they meet world champions, Spain tomorrow.

“The Eagles disappointed me because they had the game under control and could have taken advantage of chances created for a positive outcome. Based on what I saw of the game,it’s unpardonable to lose. I don’t even have any excuse to give before my friends of our team anymore. I was in similar situations in the past but my verdict is, there is no excuse to have lost the game,” said the Atlanta 96 gold medalist.

“I had defended them against public criticisms over recent performances hoping that in this tournament they will prove me right in the eyes of friends and foes. I was particularly disappointed in the team’s inability to convert chances and those chances could have turned the game around if they were taken. It was not as if Uruguay were fantastic or did anything spectacular than Nigeria. We had that game on our hands but wastage of chances cost us the match,” he stressed.

On the game against Spain tomorrow, Paschal said, “based on form in this tournament, it is only a miracle that can save Nigeria because Spain remains the most lethal and potent team I have seen.

They have displayed the same form and scoring ability we saw at the last World Cup and European championship that they won and I have my doubts about what our team can do against a Spain side I see getting ready to add the Confederations Cup to their silverware but let us pray.

--vanguardngr

0 comments:

Post a Comment