Thursday 30 May 2013

I don’t want to rush into marriage – Actress, scriptwriter Dayo Amusa


Actress, scriptwriter and producer, Dayo Amusa, is fast turning herself into a force to reckon with her recent investment as a producer and scriptwriter. In a recent chat with Movie Moments, she opened up on marriage, work and her recent relationship with Desmond Elliot.

You have been on and off the movie scenes these days; what prompted that?


wonder why the choice of Desmond Elliot to direct your current flick?

Let me state here categorically that we have quite a lot of fantastic directors in the Yoruba producing genre and the entire movie industry in general; but the fact still remains that everyone is entitled to a choice of director and I feel choosing Desmond Elliot as my director is the best thing that has ever happened to me because he understood the kind of production I was looking out for and he delivered perfectly well.

Would it be right to say your choice of Desmond Elliot as the director is to get your film into the cinemas?

Everybody in the industry wants to step up their game in the industry and I am not an exception too. Few of my Yoruba colleagues have produced movies that is been screened in cinemas across the country and I ask myself, can’t I do something more advanced and professional. Having Desmond direct my job means that I am not eyeing the cinema alone but also meeting up with international standard. I so much believe everything is possible if hard-work, dedication and sincerity is put into a job.

In all, how do you feel having Desmond direct your job?

I feel honored and fulfilled because he was just too perfect for me. As a matter of fact, there is a way long difference between directing and producing which he made me understand. He didn’t see me as the producer and as such shouldn’t be cautioned while on set. At times on set, he would scream at me and all this was just to make the production come out fine and I must say that each time I watch the preview clip. I just smile and give praise to God almighty.

Tongue has continued to wag if Mike Ezereounye’s appearance in the movie,Unforgivable is worth the while?

Mike did not just appear in the movie; he acted and delivered his script beyond my own imagination and the directors because nobody on the set believed he will deliver the Yoruba lines very well. For instance, to my surprise some scenes will only require the director to take two shots as Mike enjoyed speaking the language too.

Are their future plans to have him feature more on your next movie?

Yes, definitely, as long as Mike is ready and available for the job at that time. It is also important to note that Desmond will also be directing my next job in June entitled My Shadow. My doors are readily open for anybody who wants to be part of my success story.

How easy or tough is it for you combining acting, script writing and producing?

Sincerely none is easy but it all boils down to the glory and mercy of God almighty; it has been challenging but in all I am not relenting because my best is yet to come. The industry is yet to feel me; I believe this is my time to show what I’m worth.

There is this bond between you and Bimbo Thomas; how do explain this?

You see, Bimbo Thomas is my sister from another mother; I like and cherish her so much not just as a fellow actress but somebody who is worth good friendship. We both hangout and advice each other on our different lapses since we are not perfect.

As a producer, how many movies have you got to your credit?

Professionally, I have produced five movies namely; Ajegbodo, Oju Awo, Ekan Soso, Ogun Mi and Dewunmi Iberu; other productions are still in their post production stages. It is also important to note that I have lost count of the movies I featured in.

Now to your personal life; are you in any relationship now?

Of course, I am presently in a relationship now but don’t want to make noise about it.

What is your take about marriage?

It is the biggest dream and a day every woman clamour for but must not be rushed into because when you rush; definitely you rush out.

So when should be expect the wedding bell?

Very soon because I stand firm on the Lords time for me. I am not in haste to tie the nuptial but when the time is ripe for me, nothing can stop it. I love kids and I hope to raise mine soon.

What do look out for in your dream man?

First and foremost, nobody is perfect so I am not looking for a perfect man rather; I want a man who will understand me and my job. A man who can’t be intimated irrespective of my status in the society, I appreciate a man who can differentiate me from what I do. I bet you I am a wife material and a typical African lady to the core.

(Written by Mutiat Alli, Edited by Gbenga Bada)

0 comments:

Post a Comment